Dermatology Services & Treatment at AFC Urgent Care
Do you have a skin condition that is making you uncomfortable, itchy, or painful? If so, AFC Urgent Care can help. Our providers can diagnose and treat a wide range of common dermatological issues. We’ll help you get to the root of your condition so you and your skin can get back to normal as soon as possible.
Skin Conditions We Treat
We offer a range a dermatology services, including:
- Sunburn treatment
- Minor burn care
- Psoriasis evaluation
- Skin infection/staph infection
- Eczema evaluation
- Tattoo infection treatment
- Abscess incision & drainage
- Skin growth evaluation
- Dermatitis (skin rash)
- Poison oak/ivy treatment
- Ingrown toenail infection
- Rash consultation
What We Don’t Treat
- Tattoo removal
- Annual skin screenings
- Cosmetic skin services (acne treatment, skin lightening, fillers, Botox)
- Skin cancer screenings or mole removals for pathology
- Facial or sensitive wart removal
Please refer to a local dermatologist for these services.
Other Skin Infections & Rashes
It can be difficult to determine what exactly is causing skin irritation, infection or rash. If you’re not sure what type of skin issue or rash you have, our team will help diagnose and provide proper treatment or refer you to a dermatologist if needed.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Skin Infection, Rash and Irritation
If you’re wondering if your skin is infected or irritated, you will likely experience the following symptoms:
- Skin peeling or scaling
What Causes Skin Infections and Rashes?
Skin is always exposed to external stimuli, so it can react to several things in the environment, making it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of an irritation or infection. While some people know exactly what caused their infection, it’s common to have no idea why you’re experiencing a skin issue. Here are some things that may cause skin infection, irritation or a rash:
- Allergens (pollen, pet dander, dust mites)
- Irritants, commonly soaps, detergents, cosmetics, perfumes or fabrics
- Sun exposure
- Physical irritants, such as friction or rubbing
- Hormonal changes (puberty or menopause)
- Parasites, such as scabies or lice
- Autoimmune disorders (common cause of psoriasis or eczema)
When Should I Visit AFC Urgent Care for My Skin Issue?
No matter the condition, it’s best to treat your skin issue as soon as possible. It’s not always convenient to schedule an appointment with your primary doctor or a dermatologist, and in most cases, it’s not necessary to visit an emergency room. At AFC Urgent Care, you can visit our walk-in clinic with no appointment 7 days a week. So, when you notice a skin infection or other skin issue developing, you can get efficient care and treatment at your convenience.